If you have the desire to make a difference and if you have the ability to help people learn, DSDC may have an employment opportunity for you. DSDC is looking for people interested in helping people realize their aspirations. Previous experience related to the disability field is not required.
DSDC benefits include:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
- Displays effective communication skills and unconditional positive regard toward all individuals supported and co-workers
- In conjunction with other staff, assures that Agency services enhance the rights and dignity of people
- Assists and supports individuals supported in making choices and expressing their individual preferences
- Is familiar with and adheres to all agency policies, procedures and operating guidelines
- Performs light housework at home as needed
- Consistently reports to work as scheduled, on time and remains at work for the entire shift
- Participates in scheduled meetings
- Reports any incident or suspicions of abuse, neglect, or mistreatment immediately to supervisor and/or Incident Management Coordinator and/or State Investigator.
- Helps individuals meet goals/outcomes in community and at home
- Promotes health, prevents disease, plans, implements, monitors, and coordinates healthcare services
- Assists individuals with all Activities of Daily Living, including bathing, dressing, etc.
- Assists with meal preparation and planning
- Manages medication administration according to Operating Procedures
- Administers medications and monitors adverse reactions
- Provides assistance with tube medications
- Monitors and cares for feeding tubes, including starting and stopping
- Monitors and maintains PEG site and tube care
- Takes and monitors vital signs of individuals supported
- Monitors infection control procedures and universal precautions
- Must be able to work independently
- Displays knowledge of the location of and use of emergency equipment and emergency procedures
- Accepts responsibility as evidence by successful performance of job duties and taking the initiative in performing additional tasks when the need arises
- Is able to organize time based on the needs of the individual(s) supported as evidenced by following through on assigned tasks in a smooth and effective manner and determining priorities
- Charts nursing notes as close to the time the skilled services are provided
- Is able to be reached easily via phone and return s calls promptly
- Helps provide continuity of nursing care by working extra shifts/hours as needed
- At least 19 years of age
- Valid driver’s license for at least 3 years, acceptable driving history and proof of auto insurance as required
- Be able to obtain a F endorsement for driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed as a practical nurse or registered nurse in state of TN.
- Experience individualized per assignment
- Ability to pass mandatory drug screen and physical
- Ability to maintain a sustained presence with activities throughout shift primarily on feet actively participating in a variety of activities.
- Pass a criminal history and personal background checks
- Possess good communication, written and computer skills necessary for communication and documentation.
- Ability to work cooperatively with public, service recipients and their families, and co-workers
- Ability and willingness to assist individual in activities of daily living including bathing, toileting and other self-help skills
- Ability and willingness to support individuals with challenging behavior